Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Chops

I've lost my writing chops. I need to not try so hard and to just be a pen for God to use. (Or a keyboard, if we want to keep our metaphors straight.)

At our retreat we had a theme Bible verse. This happens to be the first verse I ever memorized, during a Bible study called "Experiencing God." It is John 15:5 which states,

"I am the vine and you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing."

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling so lonesome. I missed being in the physical presence of so many Christian sisters just like me, who can all relate in some way or another to my experiences. I missed going to sleep and waking up in the presence of a sweet roommate whose presence just made me feel peace and a quiet joy.

(BTW, this reminds me of a verse I just studied in BSF last week. Romans 15:13 which states,

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.")

In any case, back to my topic of loneliness, I pondered John 15:5 and was given some insights as to why I can not miss my HP sisters. We are one in Jesus since he is our vine. Whether we are together or not, we are the branches - related. Together in Christ even when we are apart physically.

Also, I live with a branch, too, who I would certainly miss if I moved permanently to the Sheraton Westport in St. Louis, Missouri! But ultimately, wherever I am and whomever I'm with (cannot get who and whom straight), Christ is in me, and I in Him. I need never be lonely when I remember that miracle.

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the savlation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile." Romans 1:16.

TTFN.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm glad we are still connected across the miles, Roomie! :-) Who knows if we'll ever see each other in this lifetime again, but it'll be cool to hang out in Heaven...and until then, like you said, we are all branches on the same Vine, and therefore never really apart!