Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Birthmother Dream

OK guys, this is a weird one! You might think that an adoptive parent would have dreams about her child's birthmom coming to "take him back," wanting to co-parent, etc. Here's what I dream about.

This may have been about the Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Jack in the Box I ate at 9:pm and then having John Tesh on the radio tell me not to eat to fast music lest I'll eat too much and gain weight, because my dream was set to "It's the end of the world as we know it" by R.E.M. - a very fast, frantic song.

So in my dream, I, my husband, Kelly, and her boyfriend must have been camping or something. The baby must have been there too, but he wasn't in the dream. So, I'm running down the trail as fast as I can, doing the Phoebe run (if you know what I mean), and my bob is running after me. Kelly is quickly digging through the bushes looking for Sean who's hiding. I wave at her and she laughs.

Then, weirdest of all, I get down on the ground on my side and do a breakdance-type move where I'm rotating in the dirt with my legs making running movements and propelling me along the ground in a circle. I looked to see if this "move" has a name, but my breakdancing site didn't have anything like it. Maybe I dreamed it up. (Ha ha, get it? Dreamed it up? Huh? Huh?)

So that's what I dream about - having fun together. Frantic, "are you on speed?" fun this time, but I have fun thinking about this silly dream. My only dream analysis is that I should have skipped that Spicy Chicken sandwich. It was tasty, though.

4 comments:

C said...

We're all singers. I have lots of singing dreams with J.

Thelma said...

I LOVE Phoebe's run!!
Len would insist that there be some sort of slide in the dream. His dreams always involve running, and slides.
I love the breakdancing move.

Amy T. S. said...

I've actually done the Phoebe run down my street. It was totally fun, and I didn't care who saw me. I only did it for a minute, though, because it's tiring!

Allison said...

Sounds like a fun dream! Were you breakdancing while PG? Now that I would like to see! LOL