Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Too much of a good thing.

I think we overdid it last weekend, carting the kids around to a lot of social activities. I think we paid for it a little bit today. I feel this general sense of ill-being about my afternoon with the boys. I feel like I failed them as a mom because I didn't enjoy them this afternoon. I love my little boys and today just wasn't a good day. I miss enjoying them, does that make sense? They're so cute and I love them so much. I feel sad.

Last night I fell asleep holding a pair of LB's pajamas. They smelled like him. I wish I had some right now because I miss him.

I can't wait to see them tomorrow and love the stuffing out of them.

We had to move LB's crib mattress to a lower setting yesterday. He's pulling up! He's not quite pulling to stand, but close enough that he could hurtle over the edge with a little force. I can't believe he's doing this already. It's so cute. He pulls up on toys, walls, and me. I have a feeling he is going to be crawling pretty soon. BB didn't crawl until 9-10 months. My prediction is that LB will be crawling by July 4th. We'll see!

Sorry for the sappy post today, I'm feeling a little vulnerable. I wonder why? Maybe I did too many activities this weekend, too!

1 comment:

C said...

TOTALLY understand. I still have times like that. I need to miss my kids after a bad day. I need to WANT to see them, because the circumstances have caused me to want to stick them in the back yard with the dogs.

Then you have a little break, and you ache for them and you get to finally see them and .... ahhhhhhh ... there it is.