Monday, May 05, 2008

Old friends.

I occasionally search for old friends online. Maybe it's because I'm home with darling kids all day and long for adult companionship and memories of yesteryear when I had all these interesting, cool friends. I still have interesting cool friends IRL, but there's just something about reconnecting or just knowing what people are doing.

I have to admit that right this minute I am ignoring my kids (who are safe in the other room, I promise), but usually I just hop online when they're playing on the floor or something. I do find myself online a lot.

I love finding college friends. It's really cool to see how people have grown up. I guess that means I must have grown up, too, and I can't decide if that's makes me sad or so pleased. I think the latter. Weren't we all kind of a mess in our college days? We probably are all now, too, I suppose, just confident enough to cover it up or not to care.

This summer I have my 20th high school reunion coming up. I'm really excited about this, too, which again is strange because I couldn't wait to get out of there. I've recently connected with acquaintances from my high school who I didn't know very well back then, but for one reason or another we share commonalities that have now made us more interesting to one another. Someone emailed me once because they had read that I'd become a Christian and they had embraced their Christian faith more fully, too. Others have contacted me because they've adopted and so have we. I am really looking forward to seeing these people, as well as my old pals who endured that sufferable time with me! (Looking back it wasn't bad, but experiencing that time with teenaged angst was hard. It's fun to be dramatic about it, though.)

OK, now I've ignored my babies for too long and have to go. I'm feeling good and nostalgic now!

No comments: