Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Waiting tiredly

I'm so tired. It's hard to be a teacher, especially when you have to change gears in the middle of the day. This morning I taught a movement activity to 2nd graders. They did OK, but didn't "earn" the guitar for the dance. I so wanted to play for them, but I knew I had to set it up for my first teach that the students would realize that I was going to be consistent. The looks I saw on their faces after they didn't earn the guitar made me feel sad for them, but also good that I didn't cave! I get to try the lesson again tomorrow and Friday. In the afternoon I taught a recorder lesson to my peers. I'll also do choral warmups for grades 3-6 tomorrow. Better get crackin', because it is 45 minutes from my big bedtime. I could easily go to sleep right this minute.

And ugh, I'm so tired of sandwiches. (Hello, unrelated comment).

We're waiting for a phone call to set up our office interviews at Buckner. Although I absolutely can't wait to get another step of the process done, I haven't had time to think about it too much.

This is a really boring post, sorry.

No comments: