Thursday, November 10, 2005

Baby's first presents!


About a year ago I crocheted a baby afghan. After I had done about 6 rows I was still trying to figure out who it was for. With very little encouragement, I decided that it would be for ME (oops, I mean US)! I have been good over the past few years, not buying very much baby stuff lest I collect a whole bunch and then get sad that no one will wear it. But, this is the first package that came addressed to our baby. I wonder what the mailman thought when obviously un-pregnant me (although I have been known to fool people after a big meal) answers the door for the package that is addressed to "Baby S."

Thanks, Grandma Ann and Papa Bruce!


Yesterday I modeled to Randy how we would use these items. I put it over my shoulder and patted the butt (Randy made explosion sounds), I cradled it in my arms (don't worry, I know it's not a baby!), and rocked it back and forth. I stopped short of dressing up Punky in it and calling him "baby boy." (Oh, if you must know, sometimes I call him that anyway.)

The cute hat is to keep a newborn's head warm in freezing Austin, Texas. For example, today it was 85 degrees outside. Yes, it is November. Oh well, we'll crank down the air conditioning down in the baby's room!

No comments: