Friday, March 21, 2008

We got a dog.


For the day.

Our nanny brought her dog over today. Big Brother loved it! The cats - not so much! They did well, though. I mean, no one was injured.

BB says dog like this: "Doo," and he leaves his lips puckered up. It's so funny. I think he said "dog" 100 times today. They played outside, on the patio, and Little Brother got lots of big wet dog kisses on the mouth. He didn't even flinch. He just made a similar face to the one he makes when I give him his vitamins. It's pretty funny.

I "found" a neat adoption blog today, written by a woman who placed her daughter for adoption years ago. I realized that I don't often talk about adoption any more on my blog, but this is just mostly because these days we are more into baby updates. I do want to say though, that we are maintaining a very satisfying open adoption with BIg Brother's birthmom. We saw her last week when we were in her area and met her at the park then went to Chilis. I recently sent pictures to his paternal birth grandparents (how's that for a mouthful?) too, and am hoping to hear from them. It takes a village and all that.

Some day I'll even post something interesting to the general public, but until then, enjoy a million and five pictures of my cute kids.

2 comments:

Niki said...

I do indeed enjoy pictures of your cute kids! By the way, you and your mom were in a dream I had not too long ago. How funny is that?

Unknown said...

I am so pleased that Big Brother is such an animal lover. The March picture on our family calendar shows BB enthusiastically kissing our golden retriever and that was even before he could say "Dooo". I am also very pleased that my darling grandsons do not have parents who freak out when the babies are "licked by a dog"!
Love,
Mom and Nedie