Monday, March 24, 2008

My happiest Easter ever




Although it was our first Easter as parents and that was great, Big Brother was too young last year to make an Easter fuss over, IMO. I wasn't going to do an Easter basket this year, but at the last minute, having realized that a basket only cost $0.66, I changed my mind. I'm so glad!

We went to church in the morning, because the real meaning of Easter to us is that Christ was risen from the grave and is our living Lord and Savior. Afterwards we went to a traditional Easter brunch of Tex-Mex enchiladas and stuffed, fried avocado, then put Big Brother down for a nap.

When he woke up he got his Easter basket containing eggs filled with fruit puffs, goldfish, animal crackers, and a few m&ms, and then we went outside to look for some more. He was really into it. And, this kid's no fool, he dug through the animal crackers to get to the chocolate - my boy!

Little Brother is wearing an outfit crocheted for him by Granny. It looked so beautiful on him with his matching blue eyes.

I hear him now, so this post is over, Roger.

1 comment:

Swing Kid Mommy said...

Oh my goodness, BB is sooo cute holding up his Easter egg & LB is getting so big. What a fun Easter time. We had 4 inches of snow on Easter morning here in Colorado, so it's funny to see your DH in sandals. My my I'm sure you are sooo busy these days with those 2 boys. Thanks for sharing such great photos. We love checking your blog.