Friday, September 26, 2008

This time last year, this time last year, this time last year, this time last year, thi

I am getting very nostalgic as the birthdays of my guys approach. I'm always thinking to myself, "This time last year I was x weeks pregnant and BB was LB's age," and "This time last year I wore a pink maternity shirt to Waterloo when my family ways here," and "This time last year I was getting up every morning at 4am to use the bathroom," etc. I know it's going to get worse and worse as the birthdays approach.

It has been quite an exciting few years! I'm loving the idea of not having a newborn at Christmas time and being able to sleep through the night most of the time, but I am feeling that sense of letdown one has after a long anticipated big event is over. In 2006 BB was born in late October and in 2007 LB was born in late October. Who is going to be born late this October? No one into our house and that's a fact.

I don't know that we'll ever seek to add any more humans to our household. It's pretty nice being a family of 4. We don't have any more rooms anyway! I do know that God has granted me peace about not "trying for a girl," so you all can stand down on that front. I've always wanted a daughter, but I haven't always wanted more than 2 children.

I do feel sad sometimes that it is very likely I won't ever have a daughter by birth or adoption, but that's what daughters-in-law are for. Who could have been a better daughter than Ruth for Naomi (Your people shall be my people and your God will be my God. Ruth 1:16-17)? Seeing as we weren't sure we would ever have children, how could we not feel so abundantly blessed with our little guys! I guess it's possible that next year I'll be thinking, "This time 2 years ago," and then, "This time 3 years ago," and on and on.

OK, that's all. I'm hungry. TTFN.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I know just how you feel! I've always wanted a daughter, but I also have always considered 3 children. Although, strangely, NOW I think I might want another boy!