Sunday, July 20, 2008

Comfortable



I LOVE my ring sling. I really wanted to use it when Big Brother was a smaller baby, and interestingly I really tied it to my grief about not having been able to bear biological children. Somewhere deep inside I felt like if I could be a successful babywearer I would really be a mom. Isn't that silly? I never got the hang of it with BB. I did wear him around some when I was pregnant with Little Bro, but that is as easy as it sounds - not!

Now with 2 small kiddos, I use it all the time. All, all, all the time. This picture is one of the reasons why. If LB needs a catnap at the end of the day he will usually fall asleep in this and I can feed his big brother and sometimes even myself. I can also play Word Challenge while he sleeps. Pretty nifty, eh? It is also tremendously helpful for travel. On our way to Colorado earlier in the month he slept in it on the plane and I actually got to read my People magazine.

So here is a very comfortable baby in a Zolowear ring sling. See www.zolowear.com for where to buy. You can even see my beautiful friend Tiffany wearing her third baby. She's the fourth one in from the left and the second one in from the right on the first row. There's also a lady on there wearing twins - one on each side. Talk about necessity being the mother of invention!

No comments: