Friday, February 06, 2009

Top 10 things about my Aunt Nancy

Tada!! It's time again for my top 10 list! Remember, these are not in order.

1. She has a great smile and an infectious laugh. She's fun!
2. She's very creative and makes us beautiful blankets and wall hangings. She taught me how to cross-stitch my very first uh, cross-stitch.
3. She taught me that it is OK to make a little mess in the kitchen as long as you clean it up. This was liberating.
3. She introduced me to Moose Tracks ice cream! (If these were in order, this might be #1.)
4. She encourages me when I am struggling or being too hard on myself. She gives great advice about raising kids - she has 4!
5. It's OK when she tells embarrassing stories about me like the time I practically accused her of kidnapping in the grocery store.
6. She shares gluten-free recipes with me so I can pass them along to my gluten-free friends. Plus, they are usually dessert recipes so I can't go wrong.
7. Like someone else I know (her big brother, my dad) she gives thoughtful gifts. The kids always like her presents the best!
8. She's in looooove with her husband after years of marriage. (Ooo-woo!) This is a great example.
9. She often took care of me when I was a wee thing. Now that I'm a mom I know how challenging that can be.
10. According to Katie, she's a fan of the Wii Fit and so am I. Kindred spirits.

I love you, Aunt Nancy! What should I do about LB dropping a nap? ;o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Amy, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support.
As for the naps, we should talk.
Love,
Aunt Nancy

Thelma said...

Your Aunt Nancy sounds pretty awesome. I'm glad you have her in your life!

verifcation word: epublpa

That is not a word!