Friday, January 09, 2009

Yes, we're still alive!

Things are mercifully boring now that the holidays are over. I think the boys are finally getting back into their normal routine. 2009 has begun and this might be the year I get back to work some. I'm hoping to do some music therapy assessments for a local school district this spring.

I love doing assessments because I really enjoy meeting new people, designing music applications to mirror what the student is already doing as a part of her Individualized Education Plan (IEP), comparing and analyzing the student's responses to both modalities, and even writing reports. I am passionate about including students with special needs in the general music classroom and in using the unique qualities of music in addressing educational goals.

Wow - it's been awhile since I thought like that. Time to sharpen my skills!

TGIF, too. It's a good day.

No comments: