Monday, February 07, 2011

Growing Pains


Not the TV show, you silly, this blog. My new header picture is HUGE! Am I allowed to use our professional photographer's pictures like this? Do I need to attribute? Can I make it smaller? What is this blog anyway? Is it a parenting blog, a stream of consciousness blog an post-infertility blog? Do I have to define it? Should I try to? Do I have enough on my plate already? Enquiring minds want to know.

Today on our way home from an errand LB asked me, "Mommy, are we in our neighborhood?" Yes, I answered, we're in our neighborhood. He replied, "I don't think so. I think we're in Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood." I thought that was so funny. How clever! This is the kid who doesn't know the difference between a letter and a number and doesn't care, thank you very much. But he has mad skills, this little brother.

Yesterday morning we went for breakfast tacos before going to the zoo for the afternoon. In the car Randy and I were talking about letting our friends and loved ones know we care about them. LB raised his hand and said, "I have friends who I care about!" Samuel, he said. Samuel is a friend we care about, that's true. But how sweet. My little sweetheart. BB chose Grandma as a friend who he cared about.

Here is the part where, if I was really trying to host a great blog, I would tie in these conversations with my blog title. But I'm not going to. Instead, I'll self-depreciate so I can wiggle out of an editor-worthy finished product. I'll wrap it up, apply some jammies to a sweet angel, and move on downstairs for some housework, mindless TV, and an important phone call I've been planning. There will be time for a glamorous finished product tomorrow. Or 2012. Someday.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Do you have photoshop or something similar? Might you be able to put the bottom two beside the top two instead of stacked and would it possibly fit that way? Maybe? That was my first thought. I always crap whatever pic I want with photoshop till it looks about right. And also the width IS adjustable with the new blogger formats.

As far as photog rights I don't know....I'd say it depends on your photog and how picky they are? You could always add (in photoshop or whatever) a small overlay that said the photographer's name. I think? that would do it? Our photographer is our friend's ex so I always just ask her! LOL

I love when the kids say sweet things unexpectedly. Or do something wonderful all on their own like think of others. We had communion this Sunday (we're Methodists and we believe in open table, so kids partake if you want) and afterwards I took Ethan to pray at the alter because I tell them they can pray for whoever they want as part of my explanation of communion and the process before we go up. Ethan knelt down and prayed, and I went to get up and he snapped "I'm not DONE PRAYING!" and said another and got up himself! Then after church he wanted to go up and pray again! He thanked God for us and his stuffed animal! :)

Niki said...

I agree, with putting all 4 pictures side by side and letting blogger adjust it for the correct width. They are beautiful pictures :) When you go the pictures, did the photographer give you the copyright?

Tina @ Girl Meets Globe said...

I am currently using a professional pic. I just asked and she said it was fine. There are several different things you could do for your header. There is a little code you need to put in if you want to center it. I can help you with that if you want. Just let me know.
It looks like the pic needs to come up some. You might want to put your blog title and description after the pictures.
And if you want to make it smaller, you would have to resize it on your computer first.
I think the new look is great!