Sunday, November 23, 2008

The pickup.

I picked up a nice dude in the grocery store today. His name was Art. We met in soups, never to see each other again.

I was showing Art my fave new soup - Amy's Fire Roasted Southwestern Vegetable. I told him that I was qualified to recommend it because my name is Amy. He said, "I'm looking for Art soup." I thought, "That sounds interesting, he must be an artist." Then I realized oh, his name is Art. So we talked about soup.

"How much sodium is in that one?" he asked.
I read the label and made the appropriate response.
"But that's supposed to be 2 servings, so that makes 1200 mg of sodium," he said.
I replied, "Oh, man. I wish I'd never have met you."
That was about the extent of the convo.

I was telling Randy about this funny conversation and he felt a little strange that I was picking up guys in the grocery store, but one has to make the grocery store experience fun, right?

I'm quite the pickup artist.

1 comment:

C said...

I once had a guy try to pick me up at Central Market. He was acting very intrigued over cous cous when my two kids came roaring around the corner, "Mommy! We found the cereal!"

I turned around and he was GONE!